What this policy covers
- What information we collect about you
- Purposes for which we may process your information
- What is the lawful basis for processing personal information
- What information do we disclose to third parties
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How you can access and control your information
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
- How you can contact us
If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our content or services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you access our content or use our services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Information you provide to us
We may obtain your personal information when you provide it to us across our Services. This includes when you:
- Access downloadable content:for example, you may provide contact information including email and telephone number via a webform when you register yourself on to this website.
- Perform search queries
- Contact us by email, telephone or other means
Information we collect automatically when you use our site
- We collect information about you when you access our content or use our services, including browsing our website and taking actions within your account.
- Your use of the content and services. This information includes search terms you may use to find content on the site and how you interact with content.
- Device and connection information. We collect information about the device you use to access our site. This information includes device ID or unique identifier, device type, computer and connection information
Purposes for which we may process your information
We may process personal information for the following purposes: providing the Services to you; communicating with you; providing advertising to you on the Services and Channels; analysing engagement with our audience; observing user engagement and purchase activity across the Service and Channels; marketing our services and offerings to current and prospective customers; managing our IT systems; financial management; conducting surveys; ensuring the security of our systems; conducting investigations where necessary; compliance with applicable law; and improving our Services.
The specific purposes for which we use information we collect about you are:
- To provide you access to our Content and Services.
- For safety and security.This includes to prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms & Conditions
- For research and development.We are always looking for ways to make our content and services smarter, faster, secure, and useful to you. This includes information about pages you interact with on our site and actions you take on these pages.
- To communicate with you about our services.We use your contact information to resolve problems with the site, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law
- To communicate with you about similar services.We use your contact information to deliver marketing messages relevant to those Services which you use on the Site. This includes marketing from our partners, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights.We will disclose such information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties where obligatory or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our property and rights or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. Where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent:We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
What is the lawful basis for processing personal information?
We may process your personal information where you have given your consent; the processing is necessary for a contract between you and us; the processing is required by applicable law; the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or where we have a valid legitimate interest in the processing.
In processing your personal information in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the circumstances:
Consent: We may process your personal information where we have obtained your prior, express consent to the processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
Contractual necessity: We may process your personal information where the processing is necessary in to fulfil a contract that you may enter with us;
Compliance with applicable law: We may process your personal information where the processing is required by applicable law;
Vital interests: We may process your personal information where the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
Legitimate interests: We may process your personal information where we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
GDPR and legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the services, including to operate the services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as to market and promote the services or similar services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
As described above, we have identified our lead generation services and how we market our business to our current and prospective customers as having a legitimate interest.
What information do we disclose to third parties?
We may disclose your personal information to other entities for legitimate business purposes (including operating the services, and providing services to you), in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Third-Party Sites via Links:The site may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
- Software Vendors, Consultants and Providers of Services:For some of our services, we may make some personal information available to certain customers including software vendors, consultants and other providers of services. This may include contact information, information relating to activity on the site and information relating to their software needs.
- Service Providers:We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Legal and Regulatory Authorities:upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
How do we store and secure the information we collect?
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
Information storage and security
We use data hosting services or may host our own website from time to time in the United Kingdom. The information we collect may be used for technical measures to secure your data. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we retain information
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your personal information is only retained for as long as they are needed.
Personal information is retained for marketing purposes until you opt-out of communications or you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period from the date such information was created.
How you can access and control your information
You may review, update, correct or delete your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you are an EU resident, you have several rights under the GDPR. We further explain these rights, and your other rights, below.
Right of access: You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Right of rectification: If personal information that we hold about you is not accurate or is out of date and requires amendment or correction you have a right to have the data rectified or completed.
Right of erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased (e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed).
Right to object to or restrict processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information. For example, if we are processing your information based on our legitimate interests, and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests.
Right of data portability: In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Right to withdraw consent: In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. You can exercise this right by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org where your request will be processed with 30 days.
Opt out of communications
We also use your personal information to contact you with email newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive these emails, please use the unsubscribe link provided in the emails. Alternatively, please email your remove request to email@example.com
Deleting your information
You can remove information about you from within the service, this includes the information within your member profile and information within your equipment listings. If you like to request the deletion of further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process your request within 30 days.
Cookie and advertising controls
You can opt-out of cookies and tracking technology by emailing email@example.com.
How we transfer information we collect internationally
Because of the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy. For this reason, we may transfer your personal information to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located.
Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area are subject to special rules under the Data Protection Legislation. You can find information in this regard at the European Commission’s website.
How you can contact us
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Policy, or any other issues relating to the Processing of personal information carried out by us, or on our behalf, please contact:
Wealden HR Solutions (HQ)
160 Victoria Street
London, SW1E 5LB
Company registration number: 05759833